University of Toledo Center for Excellence in Autism
University of Toledo Medical Center
1400 East Medical Loop MS 1161
Toledo, OH 43614
Phone: (419) 383-3030
Fax: (419) 383-2897
University of Toledo Center for Excellence in Autism (CFEA)
To improve the lives of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families.
To build a continuum of services and research opportunities that satisfy the dynamic needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) across the lifespan. The CFEA is a provider for both the Ohio Department of Mental Health and the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities. Specifically, the major goals of the CFEA are to provide:
- Interdisciplinary education and training of current and future leaders in the field of ASD.
- Collaborate with other service providers, advocacy organizations and institutions at the regional, state and national levels wherever possible, to develop a seamless system of care coordination across the lifespan.
- Maintain a person-centered focus for service delivery that includes consideration of the needs of families or caregivers as well.
- Conduct, support, and coordinate research that facilitates relevant advancements in medical treatment, strengthens evidenced-based intervention practices, and identifies additional areas of need
- Undertake advocacy to effect legislation, regulation, and policy on behalf of the Autism community.